Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Why I Decided to Become a Real Estate Agent

There are the obvious reasons a person may want to become a real estate agent. It is a career that offers a flexible schedule, an exciting field, and the potential to be quite lucrative.  While these contributed to my decision to pursue a career in real estate, there were far more influential aspects that made me believe this could really become a passion of mine.   

I have always been obsessed with the idea of “home”.  A house is meant to be a person’s oasis, their safe place.  It should feel like an escape from the outside world.  To aid someone in finding a place to make their own sounded like a career path that would supply me with limitless rewards.  I would be honored to play such a pivotal role in enabling a person to gain their little piece of the world.  A piece on which they will grow and create memories.  It is such a personal and important part of any person’s life, and I would love to be a part of that.  

I also understand that the process of purchasing a home is a stressful and confusing one, I knew I would love to work with people in order to minimize that stress and maximize the joy.  I love to help people when I am able.  I would love for my passion to benefit the average person.  People do not go through the home-buying process as often as an agent, who does it everyday for a living.  I am sure the rewards from forming these connections with my clients and throughout the community would be immeasurable.      

Oddly enough, while studying and training to become an agent, my fiancĂ© and I purchased our very first home.  It was a foreclosure and in rough shape, and has provided us with some pretty intense headaches, but the feeling we got when we walked into it once it was ours was amazing.  
Buying a home solidified in my mind that this was exactly what I should be doing everyday.  

I hope as I continue in this field, people feel my enthusiasm and passion.  I hope I can alleviate the stress of buying a home and help make it the fun and exciting process it should be!  


A picture of our first home. A traditional American foursquare built in the 1920s.
Sincerely, a very new and excited real estate agent and Pittsburgh enthusiast,



No comments:

Post a Comment